Apologies: Pam Pringle and Steven Bush
Present: Eddie Critchlow, Bob Smailes, Sharon
Thorpe, Alison Sharpe, Steve Thorpe, Vi Currie,
Barbara King, George Walton, Linda Gordon, Lorna
Budge and Pat Hawkins
The minutes of the last AGM were read and
The treasurer Eddie Critchlow presented the
Income and Expenditure Account. £1, 2447.93 is
held on the current account and £4,981.52 held
on the Business Saver account and £42.25 petty
cash. As the accounts were not distributed
before the meeting they are to be emailed out
and agreed at the next committee meeting.
The Chairman Steve Thorpe gave the following
· Another very successful year with a lot of
hard work from our dedicated committee.
· Following the success last year of getting the
Guyzance room built and open for business which
has now been completed with the installation of
the named bricks and paving area outside.
· We have successfully achieved further major
improvements to the hall by installing a new
kitchen, installing a new gas central heating,
bringing the gents toilet into the 21st century,
improving the porch with new UPVC windows and
internal doors, general redecoration of hall and
· Further improvements planned this year include
hall lighting, insulation, storage, outside
areas and carpark.
· Both rooms have been well used. Events held
include a wedding, borderfest, Art Appreciation
classes, wedding dress display, hosted NNVHC
meeting, ACT organised Hallowe’en, Burns Night,
Model Exhibition, New Years Eve Party, May Day
Sale, Jazz Afternoons, and coffee afternoons,
Church organised Barn Dance, Christmas coffee
morning, Winter warmer and pudding night, weekly
Bowls Club and Sports Club, WI, Art Group,
3-2-1-0 toddler group, use by the school, tribal
dancing, zumba, pilates, dog training, cricket
club practice, MacMillan Coffee Morning, Guides
Coffee Morning, European Election Polling
Station and twelve private parties.
· There are a lot of people to thank this year:-
· The management committee for having the
patience to sit through long committee meetings
planning improvements and in some cases actually
rolling their sleeves up and getting on with it
– without you nothing would have been achieved
· In particular my wife Sharon for doing the
· Alison for looking after the hall bookings and
the hirers and for being “Mrs Village Hall”.
· Bob and Eddie for their treasurer’s duties.
Special thanks for Eddie for taking on the role
at short notice.
· Eddie for being chairman up until Easter
driving forward the planned improvements
· Barbara King for keeping the webpage and
Pelican up to date on village hall matters and
promoting use of the EasyFundraisinging website.
· Alan Coulthard for tiling the kitchen free of
· Lastly I need to thank all of the regular user
groups who provide a representative to take part
in the management of the village hall. Your
involvement and the regular income your group
provides allow the village hall to function
· Finally thank you for putting up with me as
your stand in chairman since Easter. I am
standing down and look forward to being an
ordinary committee member.
Four management trustees were elected Alison
Sharpe, Vi Currie Bob Smailes, and Steve Thorpe.
Date of next AGM is Thursday 22nd October 2015