PCC MINUTES  - 22nd November 2018

Minutes of Parochial Church Council Meeting on 22nd November 2018 - held at 20 Acklington Village

Present: Moira Peden, John Davison, June Davison, Joan Davison, Barbara Lamb, Bill Rowntree, Shirley Rowntree, Val Sharp, Barbara Cock, Peter Wright and Revd June Barras

1. Welcome - by Chair John Davison and a thank you to Moira for her continued hospitality. A reminder that the last meeting had been cancelled due to a limited number of issues needing to be discussed and other commitments of PCC members.

2. Opening Prayers - Revd June Barras led prayers.

3. Apologies - Apologies were received from Audrey Lamb and Revd Christine Shield.

4. Minutes of the last meeting - accepted as a true record and signed.

5. Matters arising from minutes
    • item 5- the chimneys were now sorted.
    • item 8 – the concert by The Hot Tap Splutters had been postponed due to illness.
    • The whereabouts of the Honours Board is still unclear, so Peter is to contact JCSC to try to track it down.
       It may be at Woodhorn Museum.

6. Correspondence
   
• an invitation from Amble Mothers Union to attend a carol service on 4th December at 1.30pm in St Cuthbert’s
       Church Amble.
    • John has received an invitation, on behalf of the church wardens, to attend an afternoon tea at St. James’s
       Shilbottle at 5pm on 3rd December to meet the candidate.  Barbara Lamb agreed to attend in John's absence.

7. Reports

• Wardens – Bill explained that the candidate for the position of vicar would be being interviewed on 4th December after having been shown around the three parishes by some of the church wardens. He should be in Acklington at 2pm on that Tuesday. As a PCC we are to submit four questions we would like to be asked and after some discussion it was proposed that the church wardens would use the PCC’s ideas to compile these.
The church roof has been repaired, chimney been cleaned, boiler fixed and grass cut.

• Treasurer- we still owe £5,000 of the quota and, after some discussion, it was agreed that this should be paid.
We are changing electricity suppliers as of December.
Expenditure:- numerous contra transactions
Grass cutting x3 £270.00
Sweep £495.00
usual direct debit-electric and insurance
Income:- Normal weekly
Extra Summer Supper £4
Coffee Morning 1/9/18 £529.70
John Davison’s Quiz £45
Wedding Harris
(a) PCC £393
(b) Plate collection £96.40
Added inscription- Williamson
PCC £14
Autumn Fair £802.20

• Deanery Synod Representative- no meeting

• Village Hall Representative- nothing to report

• Safeguarding Officer- nothing to report

• Ecclesiastical Issues- there were 22 people in attendance at the Remembrance service at Guyzance weir.

8. Fund Raising Events – both the September Coffee Morning and the Autumn Fair had been very successful.
Bill is to man a Christmas Gifts stall on 1st December at ACT’s Village Christmas Fair. All donations welcome and John is to include this information on the notices this Sunday.
16th December 2-4pm Cheese and Wine at Ingle Nook. PCC to supply raffle prizes and tickets.

9. Christmas Services – Roger Styring has the parish Christmas card in hand and Coquet Churches Together are also publishing the services information for all churches in the local press.
Carol Service – Wednesday 19th December 6.00pm
Christmas Eve – 6.00pm Christingle
Christmas Eve – 11.30pm Midnight Mass
Christmas Day – service as normal
Rev June Barras is organising the Travelling Crib rota with Bill and Barbara L to be the named contacts for any problems.

10. Any Other Business -
• John had been so annoyed and upset by the lack of Parish Councillors at the Remembrance Service that he had penned a letter expressing his views. After sharing it and discussing its contents, it was agreed that Peter would modify it a little before sending it on behalf of the PCC.
• Peter thanked Bill for covering for him whilst he has been coping with his Mother’s illness and then sad passing away. He also thanked the PCC for their care and support through this very sad time.
• Barbara L asked if the clergy could use the years mind book which is in church rather than having to type a separate sheet. This will be looked at in January when the present list runs out.
• Bill asked permission to put a polite notice up asking people NOT to deposit items behind the organ!

11. Dates of Next Year’s PCC Meetings-
Thursday 24th January 2019
Sunday 17th March - APCM in church
Thursday 21st March 2019
Thursday 23rd May 2019
Thursday 25th July 2019
Thursday 26th September 2019
Thursday 21st November 2019
All meetings (apart from the APCM) will be at 1.30pm at Moira’s

12. Closing Prayer- The Grace was shared and the meeting finished at 3.30pm