TREASURE HUNT July 2009
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW ACKLINGTON?
Despite the drizzly weather there was a very
good turn out for the Acklington Community Team
‘Walking Treasure Hunt’ on 26 Jul followed by
free cream teas for all.
Graham Cock did a wonderful job of setting all
the clues which had the groups walking from The
Mart to the Millennium Walk. No team got all
the answers correct but 5 teams got 13 out of
15 so on a tie-break teaser (set at very short
notice by John Davison) “When was Acklington
Village School built?” won by The Thorpe team
who guessed nearest at 1850. Answer is 1852.
For those who didn’t make it on the day the
questions are below. See how well you can do.
Answers at the bottom of this page.
1. In what year was Mr Lamb born?
2. How many different colours appear on the bus
3. At what time can you catch a train to Hexham
on a weekday?
4. What sort of structure has the identification
5. What is the penalty for dog fouling?
6. How many different colours (or shades of
colours) appear on the
Acklington/Northern sign on platform 1?
7. Who manufactured the “Chieftain 550”?
8. What can you not use to pay for a telephone
call in the village?
9. In what year was Acklington voted
Northumberland’s Calor Village of the Year?
10. What number house is being sold by Rook,
11. In what year was the commemorative bench
placed in the grass?
12. Where is the intermediate health walk going
on 4th August 2009?
13. What rate would be charged for a landline
call to Traveline?
14. How old was Mary Taylor of Cavil Head when
15. What is the total number of wigwams and
yurts to be erected if permission is
ANSWERS: (1)-1928 (2)-5 (3)-1928
(4)-Lamp Post (5)-£1,000 (6)-5
(7)-Stanton & Staveley (8)-Coins (9)-2007
(10)-8 (11)-2002 (12)-Acklington to
Morwick (13)-10p/min (14)-23 years (15)-12