ACT MINUTES - 27th February 2014

Acklington Community Team Minutes - 27 February 2014

Present: Alison Sharpe Violet Currie George Walton Chris Sayers Bill Rowntree and Lorna Budge

Apologies: Tessa Sayers Sylvie McClure

Minutes of previous meeting read and agreed.

Matters Arising: Bill passed thanks on from toddler group in respect of offer of financial assistance towards cost of renting hall in January and February. It was agreed ACT would pay 105 in total. Bill also reported that numbers attending group had risen slightly.

Treasurers Report: Violet reported that she was in receipt of 400. In respect of Burns night supper.
Violet reported that the total expenditure was 273.70 making a profit for ACT of 126.30. All expenses have been paid in cash. The feedback has proved very favourable and thanks received from many who attended.
Agreed to look at a seating plan and a vegetarian option next year.

Sports Club: Still being well attended. No issues.

Spring Clean: 5th April @10am. Alison will ring council and ask them to deliver all relevant equipment. This has been advertised in the Pelican. Chris agreed to design and print a couple of posters to go on Village notice boards.

May Day Sale: 24 May @ 10am. After some discussion it was decided to carry on with a sale in the Village Hall. ACT will hold the Cake stall, refreshments, plant stall, book stall, and raffle. It was agreed to invite the other stall holders from last year to attend free as a gesture of goodwill as they had a disappointing sale last year.  Entrance charge 1.00 to include a drink.
Secretary will write to HMP Northumberland and ask if they would be willing to provide any plants for the plant stall and new planters in Village.
ACT members to ask if anyone else would be willing to grow some plants for stall.

Jazz Concert: 13th July .Tessa sent an e-mail to explain that there would be no funding available for this years event so it would need to be financially self sustaining. The following was agreed:
~ Ask band if concert can be in two halves, and interval long enough to serve refreshments.
~ Band will produce and help sell tickets. Ticket money will pay their expenses.
~ Band to pay for main Hall (approx 3 hrs 30.)
~ ACT will pay rent for back room to serve refreshments. ACT to keep profit from these.
~ Band will need to price tickets in accordance with what the local community will pay for them. Chris will
   discuss this with Tessa.
~ Entertainment and BBQS in the garden after the concert was also discussed , and agreed upon.

Any Other Business

Commemoration of the start of the first world war was discussed. However it was decided that as other events were being organised in the County, ACT would not proceed with this.

It was agreed to hold a collectors fair later in the year.

George asked about the planters in the Village. Alison explained that the Parish Council had been provided with new coal tubs for around the Village . These have been provided by HMPrison service engineering workshops. The Parish Council will be placing these in the village in the next few weeks.

There was a unanimous vote on the purchase of an industrial coffee making machine for the use of Village Hall hirers. Violet and Alison to organise purchase.

Bank account signatories to be changed in next few weeks.

It was also agreed that an ACT booklet advertising the litter pick, table top sale and Jazz concert to be delivered to households in village would be advantageous. Lorna will ask John Davison if he would be able to help ACT with this.

Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 10th April @ 7pm.