ACT MINUTES - 20th April 2017


Acklington Community Team

Minutes of meeting held on 20th April 2017

Present:
Alison Sharpe, Alison Williams, Sean and Lorna Malone, Lynne and Paul Glover, Tessa and Chris Sayers, Violet Currie and George Walton

Apologies:
None

1. Minutes from last meeting
read and agreed as a true record

2. Treasurer's Report:

Vi reported that the bank balance after issuing a cheque for 500 towards the resurfacing of the car park is 1249.43. Cash held is 15.00. Outstanding invoice from John Davison re website maintenance of 44.93.

3. Arrangements for the litter pick on Saturday 22nd April:

Alison Sharpe reported that gloves, pickers and bags have been ordered from NCC and will be available on Saturday. The litter pick will run from 10.00 - 12.00 and refreshments will be available. Donations of cakes from ACT members were requested. Sean is to ring The Gazette to advise of and publicise the event and photos will be taken with consent on the day. Sean will erect the ACT banners outside of the village hall.

4. May Table Top Sale 27th May, 10.00 - 1.00 :

Alison Sharpe stated that 5 tables have been reserved so far. There then followed a discussion as to the stalls to be run by ACT - Tombola, Bottle stall, raffle, plant and book stall and refreshments. Baking, bottles and prizes for the raffle/tombola were requested. Chris to provide a poster for the event. An ad has been sent to the Pelican to be included in the May edition.

Alison said that the W.I. ladies will be running a savoury stall.

Tessa said that 150 plants had been ordered from Thompson and Morgan and she requested help in potting these when they arrive. Alison reported that HMP Acklington would also supply some plants. Volunteers from ACT needed to collect these when available.

The hall can be set up after 7.00 p.m. on Friday 26th May. Paul will supply and erect a gazebo outside on the 27th for the plant stall. ACT members to arrive at 9.00 a.m.

Plant and book stall - Sean and George
Tombola - Vi
Raffle - Alison to ask Bill if he would be willing to do this
Bottles - Paul and Lynne
Refreshments - Alison S. Lorna and Alison W.
Due to low numbers of ACT on the day people may need to be flexible and further help sought.

5. Publicity and marketing:

Sean reported that Chris, Paul and himself had met to discuss a Communications Strategy for ACT. He provided a copy of this for members.

Email database - so far there are 20 households on the database. It was suggested that this is promoted at future events. Sean is to set up an ACT email address and discuss this with John Davison.

Email bulletin - It was agreed that this should be signed by Acklington Community Team. It will be written by Sean and reviewed by Tessa prior to being issued. Sean will send out the first bulletin shortly.

You Tube video channel and Welcome to Acklington video - Sean will discuss the addition of the' Welcome' video to Acklington Parish website with John Davison. He will discuss the availability of his contacts who will make the videos and bring details to the next meeting. The video could potentially be shot at the proposed Summer Festival.

Focus on recruitment for ACT events - this could begin with a door to door promotion for the next forthcoming event.

6. Future events:

There was a discussion regarding the proposed Summer Festival and a date was agreed as Saturday 8th July. Tessa is to approach bands/musicians known to her and any other suggestions welcome. There will be a BBQ and bar tent with the possibility of inviting a local micro brewery.

Rocky Horror sing-a-long - date set as Saturday 21st October 2017. Pool supper and bring your own booze. Adults only. Tickets 5 per head tbc.

7. A.O.B. -
none

8. Date of next meeting:
Thursday 1st June