ACT MINUTES - 10th April 2014

Present:
 
Tessa Sayers, Alison Sharpe, Violet Currie, Bill Rowntree ,Sylvia McClure, George Walton, Lorna Budge,
Apologies: Chris Sayers

Minutes of previous meeting:

Coffee machine still to be purchased. Lorna will ask at the next Village Hall meeting whether we can leave it at the Village Hall. If this is not possible Tessa will store it when not in use.

Treasurers Report:

Violet reported that 105 has been paid out in respect of rent for toddler group, this was agreed in previous meetings. Alison said the school had extended their thanks for this help over a difficult period.  The toddler group now has approximately 12 members.
Violet Tessa and Lorna need to arrange a suitable date to change signatories in respect of the ACT bank account.

Sports Club:

The sports club will be finishing shortly for the summer break. Date still to be fixed.

Spring Clean:

Very good turnout, approximately 30 adults and children. In all 19 bags of rubbish were collected. Thanks extended to John Davison who produced leaflet and poster to advertise this and future events.

May Day Sale: 24th May.

Alison reported that the following groups had booked tables: Art Group, Avon, WI who are providing savouries, and School.

ACT stalls:
Tombola - Violet
Refreshments - Lorna and Alison
Front of House and Raffle - Bill
Plant and Book Stall - George, Steve and Garry
Floats - Violet

Donations in respect of cakes , plants, books raffle prizes and tombola needed.
Set up hall at 8pm on Friday 23 May or earlier if sports club has finished for the summer.
Lorna will ask John if he can print a poster for us including asking for donations.
Sylvia has placed an advertisement in the Ambler and event has been advertised in the Pelican.
We will put signs up outside the Hall on morning of sale.

Jazz Concert:

Tessa is having a meeting with the Jazz band on the 29th April and will discuss the price of tickets. She suggests they will probably be in the region of 5.00 each. The ticket limit was fixed at 100.
Jazz band will probably play between 5-8pm with an interval in middle. It was suggested that we provide cold drinks in interval as time would be limited for anything else. However, it was discussed that before event ACT could provide tea coffee and finger foods as there will be people arriving before the concert commences and if weather is good they can sit in the garden. Likewise, after the event we can provide some refreshments in the garden and people could bring their own drinks and barbeque their own food.  It is hoped their will also be some buskers in the garden. This worked well last year.  Sylvia will place in the Ambler.

Any Other Business:

Sylvia reported back on the suggested trip to RAF Boulmer. She has enquired about going but the trips are now so popular that they have been restricted making this unlikely to go ahead.

Alison has spoken to Angela Carter from Age UK and asked if they would be interested in holding information days in the Village Hall for local people. This could include financial advice , living appliances etc. Alison will get back to her and arrange a date for a coffee morning where perhaps other organisations could also be invited.

Bill also suggested holding coffee mornings during the week for villagers to get together. Violet said she thought afternoons might be a better time.

Bill would also like to start a pool of voluntary drivers who would be willing to give lifts to people who needed to get to the local hospitals. Could be people who do not drive and public transport not accessible. Bill would be happy to keep list of drivers and co-ordinate this.

Tessa will research coffee machines with a view to purchasing one before the table top sale.

Date of next meeting: 19th June @7pm