ACT MINUTES -
2nd February 2017
Acklington Community Team
Minutes of meeting held on 2nd February 2017
Present: Alison Sharpe, Violet Currie, Tessa
and Chris Sayers, Sean Malone, Lynne and Paul
Glover, George Walton and Alison Williams.
Apologies: Lorna Malone, Jaq Barras, Jenny
1. Minutes from last meeting read and agreed
as a true record.
2. Minutes from AGM read and minor error
noted regarding roles of ACT members - it should
read Lorna Malone is the Deputy Secretary and
Chris Sayers is the Deputy Treasurer. Agreed as
a true record.
3. Treasurer's Report : Vi distributed the
ACT accounts up to 31.12.16 and detailed
expenditure since then. ACT funds currently held
= £1172.43. £500.00 which has been pledged to
the Village Hall towards the tarmac for the car
park is still to be deducted.
Thanks go to Sharon Thorpe for compiling the
5. Welcome extended to Alison Williams who
has joined ACT.
6. Feedback on the Burns Night Supper: It
was agreed that it was an excellent evening and
that it was good to see some new faces coming
along to the event. Tessa congratulated ACT
members for their hard work. There was a
discussion as to the catering arrangements for
next year and a potential change in the way that
tickets can be purchased prior to the event. The
income breakdown for the event is to be advised.
7. Publicity: Sean, Paul and Chris reported
back on their recent strategy meeting in which
they discussed ways in which to get more people
involved/to attend ACT events. The key points
are detailed below:
• Using Acklington Parish website to focus the
message as to what ACT stands for e.g. having
fun, working together and making Acklington a
great village to live in.
• Improving communications with the possibility
of assembling a secure email database and the
production of a Spring and Autumn bulletin.
• Making the ACT landing page work harder - SM
to liaise with John Davison re the website and
potential ACT email address.
• Creation of an ACT YouTube channel - SM,CS,PG
to work on this.
• Growing the number of supporters.
Tessa thanked Sean, Paul and Chris for their
hard work and contributions.
Alison mentioned that the Welcome to Acklington
brochure which is distributed to newcomers into
the village needs to be updated. This is an area
to be looked at.
8. Billetto: Sean explained that this is a
platform for selling tickets online which could
potentially be used by ACT for future events. He
is happy to demonstrate this system for the
consideration of the group. It was noted that if
it is decided to use Billetto this would run
alongside the usual availability of tickets via
Alison/on the door.
9. Future Events: There was a discussion as
to possible future events and lots of ideas were
put forward. Below are the events for this
• Village Litter Pick - Saturday 22nd
April, 10.00-12.00. Equipment and refreshments
will be available at the Village Hall.
• May Day Sale - Saturday 27th May
• Summer Festival - provisional date of
8th July. Full details to follow.
• Quiz - date to be advised
• Rocky Horror Singalong - Autumn, date
to be advised
• Christmas Fair - date to be advised
10. A.O.B. :
Alison stated that she would approach HMP
Acklington to order plants for the May Day Sale.
Alison mentioned that the playgroup who were
initially supported by ACT and who had been
based in the village hall, had now relocated to
the school building. ACT wished them well in
their new home.
11. Date of next meeting: 20th April, 7.00pm